Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bluegrass Barbell Open

   Today was a great day of weight moving, bar slamming, PR setting Weightlifting. I had a great time competing today with some fellow lifters. We had a packed house with a great crowd to support the lifters . I had the pleasure to battle back and forth with some great liters. Wil Fleming, Jacob Flint, and myself battled in the snatch and clean and jerk. Had a great time lifting with those guys. It ended up that Jake got the best lifter award going 5:6 with some massive PR's and a Qualification to nationals.

My goals going into the meet today:
Snatch 120/125
Clean and Jerk 160/165

Outcome
Went 2:3 Snatch 117/ 122/ 125 Miss
Clean 1:3 155/ Missed 161 Jerk Behind/ Missed 161 Jerk in front.
Total 277

 I am not mad about not qualifying for nations today. I got a Meet PR in the Snatch with 122k, opened the Clean and jerk with a 3k increase from last meet. Switched my jerk grip 3 training session ago and only jerked twice with heavy load, so all in all I am very happy with how today went. Going to get back to lifting some heavy weight and getting those PR's I have been searching for. Only time can make me  the lifter I know I can be... and time is all I have.

Videos Below from today.

122 Snatch
155 Clean and Jerk
161 Clean and Jerk- Miss Behind
161 Clean and Jerk -Miss Front

No comments:

Post a Comment