Thursday, March 21, 2013

Good Eye! Seeing the little things

Today I was able to get a training session in. I was unable to train the past two days due to my schedule. Today the focus was on getting some good reps in at 80%. I am lucky to have a coach who can see small things that I am doing wrong in my lifts. Today while snatching he noticed that I was not getting my shoulders behind the bar during my second pull. I was getting over the bar great but my shoulder stayed on top of the bar rather than behind it. This minor few degrees was causing my to loop the bar slightly. The small loop could have been the reason why I missed my 125k snatch in the meet. I give the credit to Ben Carter for seeing this minor compensation I was doing.

Snatch
3x1 85% 90k
Worked on Pulling bar in tight to the body and shoulders behind the bar. Once I was able to feel what my Coach was telling me I had some great reps. I was finally able to Pull with my heels on the ground getting a better vertical movement of the bar and faster movement under the bar as well.

Clean and Jerk
3x1 80% 125k

Cleans felt great and very easy! The new jerk grip is coming along just fine. I am starting to get much more comfortable with the wider grip and more stable as well. I know that big this are coming for me. as long as I can stay patient, determined, and disciplined.

No comments:

Post a Comment